ART – Moving Forward, Question 2 of 5

Roger Moore
At ART 2019 National Conference a workshop session was held subject title ART – Moving Forward to give delegates their opportunity to comment on five questions. The notes from this workshop session will be discussed by the ART Executive Committee and take forward ideas and suggestions to shape, in a positive way, the future direction of not only ART but how we recruit and retain staff.

The five questions discussed during the workshop session are now on the forum as five separate threads. This is to give those of you who were unable to attend conference the opportunity to put forward your thoughts on these questions and a further opportunity for those who did attend conference to add to those already noted down at conference.

Many thanks in advance for taking time to answer these questions, it is your opportunity to help shape the future direction of ART.

Younger renal technologists – how can we engage with and encourage to take part in ART activities (committee, conference or both)?
Kind regards

Roger

Re: ART – Moving Forward, Question 2 of 5

Lindsay
Hi All,
I am aware that I have mentioned this before in committee meetings but I think it may bear repetition here.
Has there been any more thought given to having poster submissions to the ART for display at conference?
I think this could be a way of encouraging some of the newly qualified, or even some of us more experienced members, as a way of "presenting lite". Where the individual is not subjected to what could be seen as the daunting experience of standing in front of a large group of peers. I know this is just the bare-bones of the idea and would require to be "fleshed-out", but I would be happy to consider writing a more substantive suggestion if that is felt to be required.

Best to all
Lindsay

Re: ART – Moving Forward, Question 2 of 5

Roger Moore
Hi Lindsay

Yes we would love to hear more about your suggestion and would welcome anything that you want to put in writing.
Kind regards

Roger