Alcontrol -> ALS

Has anyone else seen a change in quality of results for TVC and Endo since Alcontrol went over to ALS?

I'm finding it hard to believe that all of a sudden my results have worsened so much at various sites when nothing has changed with how we take the sample?

Re: Alcontrol -> ALS

SteveF

Hi Ian,

We are getting so many failed TVCs now that Alcontrols lab has moved to ALS in Coventry.
We have had to increase the quantity of sample (from 30ml to 100ml) which I have questioned again with ALS lab staff.
I will keep you posted...
Steve

Re: Alcontrol -> ALS

Garry
Nothing of note here though we are local and deliver samples within a few hours.

The whole Trust moved away from in-house testing of non clinical samples last April.  From a recent meeting our CSSD department feel ALS are one of the better ones they have tried.

Re: Alcontrol -> ALS

mike.jones
Good evening,

Ian I have mailed you an email where ALS explain they are still waiting for their UKAS accreditation for renal TVC's.
When I initially questioned them about this they said that it was because we were using the wrong sample containers. After challenging the confirmed that it was not the containers and that they were still waiting for UKAS.

If anyone would like to read this please send you NHS email address.

all the best.