Anyone sent 5008 machines to auction

As above - just wondered if anyone had sent any Fresenius 5008 machines to auction and if so perhaps you may know of an expected value of a second-hand 5008?

Cheers

Ian

Re: Anyone sent 5008 machines to auction

Chris Pearson
Hi Ian,
Hilditch have had a few through but for some reason the 5008's are only fetching about £500-£520 each compared with the much older 4008's which are still going through at between £1000-£1500 with the lowest fetching £800.
My contact there is Neil Saint on ext.251 if you need any help.
Hope that helps.
Chris
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Anyone sent 5008 machines to auction

Chris Bates
Hi Ian,
We decided to keep our old 5008s for cannibalisation instead of auction as we were told they go for £100-500 normally.
4008s sell much better because they can be used abroad with non FMC lines and other disposables and you don't need a service card or laptop to service/fault find.
Using the old screens and other less critical parts has saved £1000s over the last couple of years - although I wish I didn't need to.
Chris

p.s. I have used Hilditch and they have been pretty good, but BMA are also very good.

Re: Anyone sent 5008 machines to auction

Chris Pearson
Hi Chris,
I think some of a recent auction lot of 4008's were actually bought by a NHS Trust and refurbished :-0
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Anyone sent 5008 machines to auction

Cheers for the responses Chris²,

I can totally understand the difference in prices due to the service card issue and also the line set having the alpha clip incorporated into it.

We only need rework two gear pump heads from one machine and it has saved more than we would have made at auction on the entire machine!

Thanks again for the replies
Ian Wilde