Brexit implications thread

Chris Pearson
Hi,
Would it be useful to have a Brexit thread where we can share any news related to HD ?

I've just been sent this,hopefully the UK won't reciprocate and insist on BSI CE certifications from EU manufactured devices.
http://www.bsigroup.com/en-GB/medical-devices/news-centre/enews/2019-news/urgent-brexit-implications-for-market-access---60-days-out-from-29-march-2019/
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Brexit implications thread

I think you've just started it Chris!

Re: Brexit implications thread

Chris Pearson
This post was updated on .
Thanks Ian.

Just a slight update,did anyone listen to the BBC radio broadcast with BSI last week,he seemed to be saying that the UK did intend to reciprocate and insist on any EU CE marks being changed to any new UK system which presumably would be like the old British Standard,hopefully this is just posturing and part of Project Fear as clearly the implications for the NHS if they did ban imports in April without BSI UK certification would be catastrophic.
From our perspective as an example MTN are currently in the process of migrating their BSI UK CE certification for Citrasate and Citric Acid 50% over to BSI NL in order to comply with the EU regulations post Brexit.

I can't find a corresponding BSI Press Release only this:

http://www.bsigroup.com/en-GB/medical-devices/news-centre/enews/2019-news/urgent-brexit-implications-for-market-access---60-days-out-from-29-march-2019/

MHRA statement:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mhra-releases-response-to-consultation-on-eu-exit-no-deal-legislative-proposals

www.healthtec.co.uk