Chlorine Dioxide

nhoenich
 Could I ask if the water utility that provides your water is using chlorine dioxide as a disinfectant?
The brief reason for this is that Chlorine Dioxide in municipal water disinfection are being driven by the ever stricter requirements of WHO standards, and associated national regulations that restrict the levels of harmful Bromates, Trihalomethanes (THMs) and other chlorinated organic compounds that are permitted to be present in drinking water supplies.

I have not been able to find any reference to it on water providers web pages.If it is being used, how is testing in the renal unit performed for residuals. Currently drinking water requirements require the residuals to be <0.8 mg/L, but dialysis water requirements are set at 0.1mg/L ( in accordance with the 10% rule)
Many thanks for your help in this
Nh

Re: Chlorine Dioxide

Garry
This post was updated on .
I spoke to Severn Trent Water authority, a few months ago, and was told that they do not use chlorine dioxide.   I was told they use hypochlorite.

Our facilities management do dose chlorine dioxide.

We currently only monitor daily total chlorine plus the full chemical analysis as per the RA/ART clinical practice guideline

Re: Chlorine Dioxide

fraser gilmour
We have two municipal water suppliers in our region, Wessex water who use standard chlorine and Bournemouth Water who use Chloramine. Neither have any plans to change but there is no obligation to notify customers if they did. We found this out when Bournemouth suddenly started using chloramine, which was only picked up by testing.