Cost saving

Hi All,

Would I be right in thinking that if 1:34 acid is the same price as 1:44 then by switching over from 34 to 44 you could save approximately 23% in acid component costs?

Re: Cost saving

Chris Eaton
yes, you would be right...

Re: Cost saving

Cheers mon.
I've enquired to see what the price difference is to see if it's worth it.

Re: Cost saving

Chris Pearson
This will be interesting given that all they are saving is the water part of the concentrate formulation so the cost/litre should be proportionately more surely ?
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Cost saving

Chris Bates
Last time I checked bulk is the same price per litre and cans are the same price, but 1+44 is in 5litre cans rather than 6 litre cans.
Since we would us the same number of cans, the saving would be solely on bulk acid. Across 5 units I calculated a yearly saving of ~ £9000.
The work, logistics and hassle involved in changing over the 5 units however is considerable and I have been putting it off.

Re: Cost saving

...still waiting for them to get back to me.

Will be interest to see if considerable saving could be made - or not!

Re: Cost saving

Chris Pearson
Hi Chris,
So in cans the actual concentrate is effectively 16% more expensive,sounds about right to me,so no overall cost saving then once it's diluted ?
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Cost saving

Hi all,

Got my prices back.  When you work out the difference - pence per litre of dialysate produced then the difference is 0.1p!

Re: Cost saving

Chris Eaton
Don't knock it, on a unit doing 20 treatments AM and the same PM using 4L per treatment that equates to a whopping £50 over the course of a year, savings of this magnitude are not to be sniffed at!!!!!

Re: Cost saving

Chris Bates
Hi again,
Cost of a can of 1+44 or 1+34 is the same if I recall. Each treatment uses a can so no savings unless you are on central acid where the price per litre is the same so this is where the savings can be made.
Chris