Decontamination of Prismaflex

UMi007
Morning all,

What would be the best practice to decontaminate a Prismaflex which has been used on a Covid-19 patient?

The equipment has been used in intensive care and machine has developed a fault, so the machine would need to be transported back to the workshop which is situated in a different area of the hospital.

Re: Decontamination of Prismaflex

Garry
I suggest following your Trust/Infection control department policy as advice from others may not meet your Trust's/company's policy.

For our area standard cleaning is deemed sufficient.  The link below suggest 1000ppm available chlorine but, again, states '.....the local infection prevention and control team (IPCT) should be consulted....'

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control/reducing-the-risk-of-transmission-of-covid-19-in-the-hospital-setting

Re: Decontamination of Prismaflex

I concur with Garry's advice.
Our Trust for instance want the equipment cleaning with chlor-clean which is what we would use on a blood spillage.
Ian Wilde