Dialog at Home

Chris Bates
Hi,
Does anyone use the Dialog (+ ?) at home ?
If so do, you do HDF
What are they like for reliability and ease of patient training ?
Chris

Re: Dialog at Home

Matt Waite
All our home patients are currently on Dialogs. Most are on EVO1, a few on EVO2, all HD rather than HDF (at the moment).

The machine is reliable enough, and doesn't seem to present any particular operational issues for the patients.

Although superficially similar from the outside the EVO2 is somewhat different internally. It is lighter if you're installing upstairs, though take care crossing raised door thresholds as the battery tray underneath is easily damaged.

Re: Dialog at Home

Chris Bates
Hi Matt,
I have a couple of questions about Dialogs.
How long does a service take on one of these Dialogs ?
Is it annual services?

Chris

Re: Dialog at Home

Matt Waite
Yes, it's an annual service.

There are number or O-rings, tubes and filters to replace. That bit is pretty quick.

Running through the checks, tests and calibrations can take several hours. Assuming the machine was running error free prior to the service we usually advise the home patient we'll need 'upwards of half a day'. On a straight forward machine with a 9am-ish start, and a following wind we're packing up to leave by late lunch time. If we find temp cals are required you can add at least another hour. If the dummy at the treatment at the end isn't satisfactory, or you discover other faults along the way you'll wish you'd brought your sandwiches.

We usually service exchange the WRO at the same time (which gets serviced back at base).

Re: Dialog at Home

Chris Bates
Thanks Matt,

Very helpful, I like the idea of service exchanging the RO.

Do you need a laptop and service software to service the Dialogs.

We only have two 21st century laptops between us at the moment !

Regards
Chris

Re: Dialog at Home

Matt Waite
No laptop for a service, just general hand tools, a conductivity meter, measuring cylinder and one or two other general items. A Gambro tube fork is invaluable.

A laptop can be useful for fault finding / investigating an incident though. Whilst the machine stores past treatment parameters and can be viewed on screen, greater detail is available if downloaded to a service utility USB stick and opened on a PC / laptop.