Dialox

jim otoole
Hi all

Can you advise where you buy dialox / Roclean 5 / or alternative peroxide disinfectant ?
Since Baxter took over Gambro prices have doubled.
Purite are even more expensive.

What price do you pay and / or discount arrangements?

Regards

Jim O'Toole

Re: Dialox

Hi Jim, Not that I think they need more business but have you tried puristeril from fresenius? We don't currently use it but I think it's a dialox equivalent (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) I think when our plants are disinfected there has been oxonia used in the past but I will double check for you.

Re: Dialox

jim otoole
Hi Ian

Checked out Puristeril and appears to be suitable, also found it available on NHS supply chain.

Now ordered, thanks for the tip Ian.

I would labour the point though, that items previously bought direct from Gambro have near doubled in price since Baxter took over. We shouldn't all be negotiating our own discounts , such a duplication of effort.

What disinfectant do you guys use for Central RO plant  ?

Re: Dialox

Chris Pearson
Hi Jim,
Just to clarify the Customer List Price of Dialox set by the supplier is £31.91/ 5L can.
I think the confusion may be due to historic prices quoted seemingly by mistake by Gambro as we are hearing of prices as low as £32/box of 4/5L and more recent tender submissions at £56/box of 4.
These now seem to have been picked up as a result of the Baxter acquisition and understandably  increased to more realistic levels closer to list price.
I'm pleased to announce that Health Tec Medical will shortly be in a position to supply Dialox through TPS with discounts starting at quantities as low as 4 boxes.
Regards,
Chris
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Dialox

Chris Pearson
In addition to being supplied direct through TPS I have now also managed to get NHS Supply Chain to add Dialox to our NHS SC HD Consumables Framework Agreement so it will be available through them for direct hospital delivery once they get it processed which hopefully will only be a few days.
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Dialox

jim otoole
Thanks Chris

Have met with Baxter rep and I think that we now have options including your suggestion.
Apparently it is available via South West Consortium , but I am too far divorced from the buying dept to have known this.

Current price via 2 suppliers now varies around £18 per 5L , no further discount for quantity though.

Regards

Jim

Re: Dialox

Chris Pearson
Thanks Jim,I'm really not sure what's happening with prices with those differences but it seems as if ours are above everyone else's unfortunately.
Cheers,
Chris
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Dialox

Ovidio Gallego
Hi everyone,

I use Minncare Cold Sterilant, I know that it´s probably the same as others but it´s made specifically for that and you can  find lot of info in their  Website.
http://www.mcpur.com/disinfection/minncare.html

Regards

Ovidio
Ovidio Gallego