Dialysate flow

Garry
This post was updated on .
Hi All

Could I do a quick poll on what dialysate fluid flow rates units use for standard HD and HDF?

...and, while I'm asking, if you use bicarbonate cartridges, what size are they?

Many thanks

Garry

Re: Dialysate flow

Hi Garry,

We're on Autoflow with our 5008/6008 machines.

We have it set to x1.5 for HD and HDF so an average flow across the unit of 400-600mls/min with most patients doing the standard 4 hours.

We use bibags of course - 95% are 650g bags.

Re: Dialysate flow

Garry
This post was updated on .
Hi Ian,

We run at 700ml/min HD and 800ml/min HDF.  Finding our 720g carts are running out for HD but possibly as a result of running up too early or not fully using the standby mode on our BBrauns.  Use larger cartridges for HDF.