HBN07-01 satellite

Garry
Hi,

Two diagrams that I found useful for reference for space requirements within the dialysis area were detailed in HBN07-01 2008 appendix 1.  I notice that the latest version HBN07-01 2013 does not include these details.

I'm assuming this guidance hasn't just been ripped up and discarded, so would anybody know if any current guidance advises on similar dimensions?

I'm continuing to use the 2008 version but wanted to check if that advice had been superseded by any other documentation.

Re: HBN07-01 satellite

fraser gilmour
Hi Garry,
I think they were removed deliberately from the latest version. We had a satellite built to the 2008 spec. and the amount of space required to meet it was incredible. The spacing in between each dialysis bay was the same as the actual bay requirements, so rather than have empty spaces there were extra hand wash basins put in resulting in something like 19 basins for 24 dialysis stations. It's the only satellite in our group that has these dimensions. I think the recommendations for actual bay size were good, but I'm sure anything built now wouldn't have a 2m gap between each bay.