HDF on Single Patient RO

Matt Waite
Is anyone running HDF treatments from a single patient RO?

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

Chris Bates
Hi Matt,
Nearly all our home patients do HDF with a FMC Aqua C Uno H or previously a Purite Centurion.
Have done for about 10 years.
I was in touch with a Fresenius development engineer who also dialysed at home. He was surprised I had any qualms.
Regards
Chris

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

Hi Matt,

Same as Chris for us.

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

Garry
Not currently, but no problems previously with Braun and Gambro WRO300H

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

Matt Waite
Do you manage to attain scrupulously clean micro results month on month?

Ours are somewhat variable. Rarely terrible, but sometimes marginal.

Common sense tells you the point of use filtration on the machine will take care of it (for micro, if not chemistry) but by the book you only get HDF quality out if you put HD quality in.

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

Chris Pearson
What chemical do you use for storing the single patient RO's when not in use ?
Asking for a friend :-)
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

Matt Waite
We've a tub of this in the cupboard

Memstor

But I honestly can't remember the last time we had the luxury of a spare unit that needed preserving!

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

Chris Pearson
Thanks Matt,can't find a n EU supplier just in the USA,we'll have to hope Boris does a USA trade deal :-)
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

Matt Waite
I think it came from Baxter / Gambro about 5 years ago. Close on £200 quid a tub

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

Andy Mosson
We have done HDF on single patient RO's for many years. The design of the machine has to be safe to manufacture the online fluid - you could never guarantee the level of purity of the water as things can change at any time and the dialysis machine must be safe against that scenario.

Re: HDF on Single Patient RO

fraser gilmour
We've used WRO-300H linked up to Fresenius 5008/S for HDF at home and in our acute ward for years now. Personally I prefer to use the heat disinfectable units as we get good micro results from them.