Home HD reimbursement

Re: Home HD reimbursement

Roger Moore
Hi Fraser

I see no reason why ART cannot raise this with UKKA.

Out of interest how many units adopt the installation of meters?
Kind regards

Roger

Re: Home HD reimbursement

fraser gilmour
Thanks Roger,
Hopefully you'll get some response to your question but like some others on this thread we've been fitting them as standard at our installations. We took the decision not to install them for our Nxstage patients, but are looking again at some kind of metering.
I just like to see some kind of acknowledgement in the UKKA guidance that metering is possible, and that it can be useful in reducing the inherent error in estimation so patients are not subsidising their treatment.

Re: Home HD reimbursement

Roger Moore
Hi Fraser

I have raised the question of acknowledgement within the UKKA toolkit that utility meters can be considered locally by units rather than using estimation. This will be taken back to those within UKKA who put the toolkit and webpage guidance together for consideration and hopefully the guidance will be amended accordingly.
Kind regards

Roger
12