Home dialysis trays

Just wondering how many people out there are installing in the community and using trays rather than converting a whole floor?

Re: Home dialysis trays

Garry
We have been using trays for the last couple of years now though still does not feel quite right compared to the old full installations. Occasionally, if the room is not too large and is going to be used solely for dialysis, we will offer to fit a sealed floor for a bit of added protection.

Re: Home dialysis trays

Cheers Garry,

We usually do a complete floor but we have a couple of instances coming up where it's going to be a fairly temporary installation and I was wondering if it may be cheaper and easier to use a tray for these one-offs.

How much are we talking??

Re: Home dialysis trays

Garry
Not ordered one for a while.  Last year a 2m x 1.24m was around £238 plus £82 for a weighted filter holder in the same 6mm material.  £13 delivery.

Re: Home dialysis trays

Jesus thats not cheap!

We have just done a complete floor installation - 2.3m x 3.5m - £348+vat.

For that extra £100 the machine can be moved wherever is convenient for the patient, it can be cleaned properly and there's no trip hazard from a lip.

I know you can re-use the tray in another install but even so...

Re: Home dialysis trays

Garry
Definitely prefer the complete floor installation if it is compatible with the room's usage.  Do you use an independent flooring contractor? Guessing Coventry area is a bit too far?.