Home patient waste collections

Chris Bates
Hi all,
A couple of our local councils have stopped supplying yellow bags for collections of used dialysis consumables.
Having found some info on other council websites it may be that Bloodlines etc are considered "offensive" rather than hazardous and can be double black bagged. Hazardous or infectious waste would be if the patient had a known infectious disease.
Sharps containers are still supplied.
We don't currently have any home patients with BBVs.
I was surprised, but I guess the councils have risk assessed the change.
Anyone else seen this change ?
Chris

Home patient waste collections

John Moore
Yes Chris. We went down this route a few years back. As ever, we only found out after the event!