Leaking RO unit.

paul spark

I recently got called to a home patient with a leaking WRO300C. I returned the leaking unit to our workshop for inspection, this is what I found.  Never seen anything like this before.

2014 RO unit, this is its first fault. Its been at the same address since commissioning, it has 1500 hrs on the clock.

It needs the following

1 Shell tube for RO-module W514003001
1 End plug out complete W515009001
4 Bracket kit for end plug W506012001
1 RO-element K10640001

Quite a spectacular fail!, has anybody seen anything similar?

Re: Leaking RO unit.

fraser gilmour
Wow, never seen that before, although we don't have many of the C units. Has the membrane housing split and the bolts sheared off? how was the membrane affected?
I've had a push fit connector on the reject line shear off the end plate, but nothing like that.

Fraser

Re: Leaking RO unit.

Wowzers!

Could it have been badly constructed from the factory and its just been a ticking time bomb?

Re: Leaking RO unit.

paul spark
I suspect the bolts weren't tight from the factory.   I've already replaced one housing that had hair line cracks around the bolt holes - causing a slight leak.

I've emailed technicalserviceUK@baxter.com for prices - not had a reply.

Re: Leaking RO unit.

I emailed about technical training - not had a reply there either.

Re: Leaking RO unit.

John Nixon
Hi All

Here is the latest contact I got for Tech services at Baxter,

Tiffany Beales
Technical Services Customer Carer
Baxter Healthcare Ltd
Salthouse Road, Northampton, NN4 7UF
Tel: +44 1604704510 Fax: +44 1604 704590
TS Contact Tel: +44 370 6099100
Registered in England (No 461365)
Registered Address: Caxton Way, Thetford, IP24 3SE

Re: Leaking RO unit.

paul spark
Thanks for that.
Repaired RO using existing membrane, output flow was very low.
flushed with RO clean 2 and RO clean 5, output flow shot up to 2.6L/ min
adjusted flow back down to 1.2L/min and all is good.
Checked disinfection log, patient had not disinfected/descaled RO ever.

Re: Leaking RO unit.

Chris Bates
We had a patient who  didn't disinfect or descale for about 2 years.
Very hard water and no softener for the first year, then never changed the salt on their softener.
This is with a centurion which don't like hard water at all.
Never had a single problem with the RO  - weird !!
Chris