Lower aluminium level - ALS

Just looking towards those who like us use ALS for their water sampling?

Have you noticed that the lowest level they now sample down to is only 14ug/l which is not low enough for the RA guidelines of 10ug/l?

A quote from ALS:

"The results are <14.4ug/l, which is the new reporting limit for this test, meaning that we are unable to give you a result below <14.4ug/l.

Our Limits of Detection have been replaced with Limits of Quantification. Communications regarding this change were issued in December; COM 116/19 on the 9th December, and COM 120/19 on the 16th December."

Re: Lower aluminium level - ALS

Garry
Yes, but luckily we have always used another hospital lab specifically for aluminium though they now report in μmol/l.

Though cadmium can be omitted they only test for this down to 0.0006mg/l so always >50% action level if you were implementing.