Mystery Component

Chris Bates
Just out of curiosity, anyone have any idea what this component is ?
It is on th LP1142 external I/O board from a 5008S.
It is marked X075F WHAZ although the X may be a manufacturer symbol as it is 2 overlapping Vs.
I have had a few plausible and some less plausible suggestions.
Capacitor
Overtemp switch
Peltier element
SAW delay line
Crystal oscillator
etc etc.

ChrisMystery Component

Re: Mystery Component

Ivor D
This post was updated on .
0.75A  resettable fuse?

Re: Mystery Component

Chris Bates
We have a winner !!
Thanks - it was driving me nuts - now I know what to look up. No such thing when I were a lad.
Raychem PolySwitch Resettable Fuse

Re: Mystery Component

You thinking of changing it Chris?

Re: Mystery Component

Chris Bates
No - I was just curious as I had never seen anything like it before.
I don't think they existed when I was studying electronics under Mr. Edison