Needle Dislodgement

We have a patient with no temperature for various reasons and he sweats buckets.

After a recent needle dislodgement episode we are struggling for a way of detecting it that either the sweat won't set off or the sweat won't affect the way the device may be taped to the skin.

Anyone have any suggestions of devices?

Cheers

Re: Needle Dislodgement

Chris Bates
What machine is he using ?
5008 has VAM which is designed to detect disconnections.
I haven't been told if we've ever caught a disconnection with VAM though.

Re: Needle Dislodgement

Hi Chris, this is a nxstage device.

Re: Needle Dislodgement

Chris Pearson
Hi Ian,
I had a long telephone conversation with the nurse when I was in the car last week,sorry can't remember his name .
My suggestion, given that I'm not aware of anything which would detect the VND, was to ensure the needle wasn't dislodged using a system that is in use and documented on a published paper by the Renal Unit at Nottingham using a Rotoclix system which we used to sell and still have a few bits left which I'm happy to send FOC to try for him.
Basically it's a velcro wrist/armstrap with a 5mm diameter plastic clip to hold the needle/s tubing securely in place whilst he's asleep.
https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/download.cfm?doc=docm93jijm4n547

Let me know if they want to try it.
BR
Chris
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Needle Dislodgement

Cheers for the advice Chris and the kind offer. I will chase it up at this end. Thanks again.
Ian Wilde