Nikkiso Aquarius blood pump rotor occlusion - pediatric vs adult

Nikkiso Aquarius blood pump rotor occlusion - pediatric vs adult

Richard Tibbetts
Hi all,

I'm new to Nikkiso Aquarius, but something feels off.

When servicing we only have tools to set one occlusion setting for each rotor, and I'm told these are the only tools that are available.

When calibrating for the adult lines the pump segment fits as expected, but the pediatric line feels loose to me (the segment is a different physical size / smaller wall thickness), and I'm concerned that we have a risk of haemolysis in pediatric patients.

(We don't generally treat children here, but there's always a first time!)

Any experience or insight welcome

Rich
Richard Tibbetts
Clinical Engineering