Patients feeling unwell during blood pump stoppages

Patients feeling unwell during blood pump stoppages

Just wondering if anyone has come across patients feeling unwell if there have been a lot of blood pump stoppages from pressure alarms for example?

We have some patients who when having access problems seem to get the same symptoms as a blood pressure crash.  The nursing staff seem to think it may be related to the stopping of the blood pump and some sort of diffsion going on in the dialyzer perhaps as the symptoms are a few minutes after the flow of blood starts to become regular again.

If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd love to hear them.
Ian Wilde