Plastic in 5008 valves

DrewB
Hi,

Does anyone else get this. Causes E63-10 error and always seems to be small bits of plastic in VS2. Just wondered if it was just our machines.

Thanks Drew
Drew Blackmore
Senior Renal Tech
Royal Free London

Re: Plastic in 5008 valves

Thats a new one on us Drew and we've had our 5008 machines for about 6 years.

Re: Plastic in 5008 valves

DrewB
Just out of interest who supplies your concentrates? I think this must be coming out of the tank one the end of the pick up tube, as I can't see another way of it getting in there.

Drew Blackmore
Senior Renal Tech
Royal Free London

Re: Plastic in 5008 valves

Fresenius supply our concentrates.  Surely the filter on the end of the pick up tube would protect the innards from anything in the concentrate?

Re: Plastic in 5008 valves

DrewB
I think it is getting picked up on the outside of the probe and then gets washed into the valve at the top of the rinse chamber during disinfect.

Drew Blackmore
Senior Renal Tech
Royal Free London