PrismaFlex Prismacomfort (warmer)

mike.jones
Hello,

Does anyone else use the Prismacomfort on their 'Flex" made by Barkey?

We have a large number of these and have been trying to maintain them but it appears Baxter are the only folks authorised to work on them.

I have tried speaking to Barkey but have yet to receive a response from several attempts.

Quite a few of our units warming cable have perished and need replacement so I am considering using a different heater that isn't so...proprietary. Any recommendations?

KR

Mike

Re: PrismaFlex Prismacomfort (warmer)

Garry
Hi Mike,

Similar situation here.  I requested training through Gambro/Baxter on several occasions but it's still not something they provide.  Barkey will provide a course, though it is in Germany and costs around 1000euro for the half day session.  You then have the purchase of the calibration kit, for around 2500euro, to consider.  Annual calibration of service kit is around 150euro.

I've often thought if it would be worthwhile pursuing getting Barkey over to run a course, if there was enough interest.  We have 11 warmers so would still work out as a cost saving over the life of the equipment.

Haven't looked into alternatives, sorry.

Re: PrismaFlex Prismacomfort (warmer)

KevinJGibbs
Hi Mike,

We use the Prismacomfort here in Newcastle and we recieved the training in Germany from Barkey.

Our contact is "robin.berg@barkey.de" and he is helpful.

Are you talking about the warming line or the mains powercord from the Prismacomfort perished?

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Re: PrismaFlex Prismacomfort (warmer)

mike.jones
Hi Guys and thanks for the replies,

I will drop Robin an email tomorrow.

It seems quite a challenge maintaining these warmers. We have 22 though so I think it is worth it in the long run.

The parts that have perished is the warming sleeve.  I have heard these are expensive so for those I will be looking at maybe a replacement heater that has UK training or self trained.

From my Med Phys background I would be almost tempted to make a test rig for the warmer and measure the temp accuracy for fluid entering and exiting. Plus over temp alarms etc.

Kevin would you mind if I gave you a call in the next few days to discuss your set up and the specifics of the course?

Again thank you for the help.

KR

Mike

Re: PrismaFlex Prismacomfort (warmer)

KevinJGibbs
Hi Mike,

By all means give me a call, I;m available tomorrow morning but then not back until Tuesday.

My number is 0191 2448614.

Kevin

Re: PrismaFlex Prismacomfort (warmer)

mike.jones
Hi Kevin,

Sorry I haven't called.

Our main Plant crashed and I've been a bit swamped.

I will try next week and if I catch you then great. If not I will try another time :)

Mike

Re: PrismaFlex Prismacomfort (warmer)

Chris Pearson
Hi Mike,
I was servicing chairs in the Bristol NHSB&T and this is what they use now on their Therepeutic Apheresis machines.
http://www.armstrongmedical.net/anaesthesia/patient-warming/astotherm-plus
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: PrismaFlex Prismacomfort (warmer)

mike.jones