RO Rejection Experiment - North West water quality

RO Rejection Experiment - North West water quality

Thought I'd do a quick experiment with our RO units that spawned because we didn't know at what permeate output quality reading to start to be concerned at.

We took a raw water sample as a control and then sampled a selection of single patient RO units noting their input and output quality readings and from this worked out the ratio of rejection.

Turns out our water from the Lake District via United Utilities is pretty good anyway!

Comments welcome....

Re: RO Rejection Experiment - North West water quality

Chris Bates
Hi Ian,
Our regional raw water supplies would certainly fail a few of these limits looking at the water supplier test data.

Calcium and Magnesium obviously, but also Nitrates, Potassium and occasionally copper.

We start to worry when our permeate conductivity gets to 20-25 uS
Our normal incoming water conductivity is >750uS

Chris

Re: RO Rejection Experiment - North West water quality

Wow Chris - that is high!

Our highest is around 300uS.  Normally is around 100uS.
Ian Wilde