Saniflo

Andy Mosson
Does anyone have experience of using a Saniflo for home patients? If s0, which model and what else should we be aware of?

Re: Saniflo

Hi Andy,

I know it can be done however I'm not sure if you'd want to.  I'm going to get our buildings manager to give you a call to discuss his findings in the past.

Re: Saniflo

fraser gilmour
Hi Andy,
We've only had one patient where we had to install a Saniflo, they were only on for about three years before getting a transplant but we didn't have any issues with it during that time. It was in a garage conversion so we were able to install it in a separate room to the machine, along with the RO. I don't remember which model it was but I think we went for a unit designed for basin/shower/bath as we didn't need the macerator.
Fraser

Re: Saniflo

Chris Bates
We have fitted loads of waste pumps.
The original ones we used were OK but gunged up fairly quickly for certain patients causing occasional smelly leaks - I think they were the Sanishower/sanidouche.
We now use the Sanivite grey water pump which have been trouble free.

Re: Saniflo

mike.jones
I have 10~ in use at present but no longer install them due to issues.

They block, leak and don't smell very pleasant when just running, when they spray effluent everywhere they are much worst.

So far with the ban we haven't struggled to get patients home.

As mentioned they 'gel' up which blocks them, a cleaner needs putting down once a month. So far hot water seems to work the best.

KR

Mike

Re: Saniflo

Andy Mosson
Thanks all - it's been very helpful. I've managed to not use a saniflo in forty years and some hundreds of home patients but the time has come!

Andy