Satellite Units

For those of you with Satellite units to look after do you have a tech stationed there all of the time or like us do you just attend a couple of times a week or when they manage to go through all of their spare machines?

Also, do you opt to have an individual responsible for each satellite or does everyone just get stuck in?

Cheers

Re: Satellite Units

Garry
We attend our satellite units on a planned, once per week visit to perform sampling and repair any breakdowns. We try and leave this towards the end of the week to avoid repeat visits where possible.  We'll attend earlier if the spare supply is depleted.  So no permanent technical presence.  We do have named persons who will attend first to specific units, unless they are already out on other jobs.

All of our satellite units are within a 20 mile radius of 8, 12 and 20 stations in size.

Re: Satellite Units

Excellent - Cheers Garry.

Re: Satellite Units

Roger Moore
Hi Ian

No permanent presence at satellites but as a minimum attend weekly to carry out checks/tests on water plant. Other than that visits are either for PPM or reactive maintenance. Satellites have a nominated tech but this is changed periodically to rotate amongst the team.

Kind regards

Roger.
Kind regards

Roger

Re: Satellite Units

Thanks Roger, a nominated tech on a rota is currently what we have (monthly rotation) but I think we need to lengthen it to 3-6 months as it can go so quick!

Re: Satellite Units

John Moore
Hi Ian. We do not have a permanent tech at our satelite units - just attend as necessary for PPMs, breakdowns and water testing. We're probably there only once a week on average.

Re: Satellite Units

Cheers for the reply John.

It seems the most popular and sensible approach IMO.
Ian Wilde