The old question - testing limits

Garry
Though all 'new' water treatment plants should be producing water to the ultrapure standard of < 0.1 CFU/mL and <
0.03EU/mL are any units routinely testing to this level as opposed to the minimal <0.25EU/ml, <100CFU/ml?

Those who may have moved to the higher sensitivity testing, did this open a can of worms regarding costs and time involved?  Did procedures need to be improved to prevent increased false positives that , I assume, increase with the higher sensitivity tests?

Are clean dialysate filters becoming more the norm in the required specification list for new haemodialysis equipment?

Re: The old question - testing limits

Hi Garry,

we test from the ring to 0.25 and <100 even on our new plants knowing that we have two endotoxin filters on all of our machines.

I would imagine all manufacturers are including the these type of filters because it can improve the quality of the water or simply act as redundancy giving piece of mind plus they can sell them and make money.
Ian Wilde