Water Shut-Off Valves

Ian Wilde
Administrator
Can anyone recommend any water shut-off valves with the included leak detectors for home dialysis installations and if so how much are we looking at?

Thanks
Ian Wilde
Renal Tech
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust

Re: Water Shut-Off Valves

Chris Eaton
Hi wildemon, we've looked at the hydro stops from metafix, about 35 quid each, should be good value if they stop a floor flooding. They seem to work pretty well from the limited testing we did, just require a couple of double a's to operate...
Peas owt

Re: Water Shut-Off Valves

Chris Bates
Hi,
We use the Matafix devices too. They have saved us from a couple of floods. We change the batteries yearly on service - so far no problems. They aren't suitable for feeding a booster pump as the suction causes them to close.
Chris

Re: Water Shut-Off Valves

Ian Wilde
Administrator