Working hours/core hours

mike.jones
Good evening,

I was just wondering what others do around the country in terms of working times, flexi time, core hours.
We currently have on-call 5pm-9am mon-friday and the weekend and have a large home program.

What does your technical unit do in terms of staff working times?

KR

Mike

Re: Working hours/core hours

Hi Mike,

Our core hours are 7am - 4pm.  Most of us do 7am-3pm with some doing 8am-4pm if it suits their home life (childcare etc...)
Our units all open at 7am so it's good to have techs on the ground ready to go.

We have been asked to cover our units 7am-7pm recently so that is something we're looking into although I'm not a fan for my own personal reasons.  We've never had a tech on site after 4pm for 30 years and it seems to have worked fine.  On-call takes over from 4pm.

We have one tech in on a Saturday working the same hours.

Ian

Re: Working hours/core hours

John Barnes
we all work differently some 6:30 til 2:30 and some 7til 3 on call 24/7 generally the workshop has someone in it until 4 o'clock, we dont work Saturdays unless the bleep goes off

Re: Working hours/core hours

KevinJGibbs
Here in Newcastle we work Mon-Fri 7am to 4pm with On Call from 4pm to 7am. Weekends the On Call tech covers whole weekend for Wards and Home Patients.

Regards

Kevin

Re: Working hours/core hours

Chris Bates
At Lister we nominally work 08:00 to 16:30 Mon to Fri. There is a lot of flexibility to cope with childcare and parking problems though.

1x on-call tech outside these hours. Covers 5 units, ITU and 30 home patients

We don't officially work Sat, Sun or Bank Holidays.

We do however end up working a lot of late nights and Sundays for water plant repairs and disinfections as I'm sure most of us do.

Chris

Re: Working hours/core hours

mike.jones
Thanks folks thats really useful info.

I'm trying to find a way for my team to keep their flexibility but still have a good emergency cover system.

What I'm struggling with is if someone does 7-3 when does their on call start?

We need 24/7 emergency cover as i'm sure you all do.

Current thoughts are an out of hours on call phone and an in hours emergency
 line that I monitor.
Time will tell.

:)