softener salt

fraser gilmour
Our estates dept just switched to this brand because it was cheaper, I think I know why.

Re: softener salt

Terry Simpson
Fortunately you got the premium quality salt

Re: softener salt

fraser gilmour
It was the "Pure White" that got me

Re: softener salt

good grief that looks like pea and ham soup!

Re: softener salt

Garry
Our estates use exactly the same in our brine tank and not seen anything like that!

Re: softener salt

How bad are the inlet filters Fraser?

Re: softener salt

fraser gilmour
It's happening at two different hospitals in renal, sterile services and endoscopy. All supplied with this brand salt from the same supplier. It shows up more in this tank because it's taller and thinner than our others, but the same residue is visible in all, a kind of grey sticky scum. It's suspended within the brine and sticks to the side of the tanks and my concern is that it is going to block up the brine intake. It don't think it gets through to the RO inlet filters, we would have seen it, and we haven't seen any reduction in their life. We've sent pictures back to the supplier so we'll see what they have to say.