Baxter Service Tools

fraser gilmour
Has anyone been able to run any of the Baxter service tools software on Windows 10? Seems to install OK but I can't get anything to connect.

Re: Baxter Service Tools

Garry
No direct experience but, as we are about to change to Windows 10, I did ask the question of Baxter and they are using with W10 without issues.

Re: Baxter Service Tools

Chris Eaton
Morning
I have been running gxp/gxl on win 10 for a while without problem, apart from... the usb drivers for later WROs that need the usb connection instead of the serial one doesn't work. V 4.5 and above. Compatibility issue with win 10, guess you could run in compatibility mode and see if that helps, also think I've set the shortcuts up to run as administrator. But I've forgot why.. I'm sure if you contact Baxter they will do the usual nothing to be helpful like the hole in the harris they are...

Re: Baxter Service Tools

fraser gilmour
Thanks Chris and Garry,
I really only need the tools for WRO300, and guess what, all ours are >4.5 with USB. I've asked Baxter a couple of times now and been told it is possible but haven't been given any instruction as to how.
Our IT have restricted all admin permissions until Win10 is fully rolled out and they find all the SW compatibility issues, so I can't really mess about with it to try anything.
Fortunately have kept hold of my old Win7 laptop just for setting up WROs.
If anyone gets anything out of Baxter please let me know.

Fraser

Re: Baxter Service Tools

roychapman
Hi Fraser,

I’ve managed to install the WRO drivers on my Windows 10 laptop but you have to follow the method for unsigned drivers –

Installing Unsigned Drivers From Advanced Boot Menu

The easiest way to install unsigned drivers is to use the Windows 10 Advanced Boot menu. To do that:
STEP 1: Press the Windows key + [X] key combination, then navigate to Shut down or sign out.
STEP 2: Press [Shift] + left click on the Restart option.

NOTE: The action above will take you to the Advanced Boot menu.

STEP 3: Under Choose an option, select Troubleshoot.
STEP 4: In the Troubleshoot section, select Advanced options.
STEP 5: Next, select Start-up Settings.

NOTE: The Start-up Settings option will allow you to boot your Windows system in different modes.

STEP 6: Simply click on the Restart button to continue.
STEP 7: Since you will install unsigned drivers, press [F7] on your keyboard to select the 7th option “Disable driver signature enforcement.”
STEP 8: Proceed in installing any unsigned driver you want.
STEP 9: After installing, restart your computer, and the Driver Signature Enforcement will be automatically enabled from the next reboot.

NOTE: If ever you want to install another unsigned driver, you need to go through the above process again.

I think you’ll need admin rights to complete this, or the admin people might be able to do it for you?

Re: Baxter Service Tools

fraser gilmour
Thanks Roy, much appreciated