Boosting pressure at home

Chris Bates
Hi,
Does anyone have any pumps they can recommend to boost water pressure for home installations ?
I guess it wouldn't need to supply much flow so hopefully it would be cheap. I wondered about shower pumps but I think they are to boost a tank feed rather than a mains feed ?
Regards
Chris

Re: Boosting pressure at home

Hi Chris,

Is a tank not essential when boosting pressure? (never had to do it in a home some forgive my ignorance!)

Ian

Re: Boosting pressure at home

Just for info, the lowest water pressure that we have in a home patient's house is 1.5bar.

Re: Boosting pressure at home

Chris Bates
Hi Ian,
I mean all of our RO installations are mains fed, whereas a shower pump may be to boost loft tank pressure.
We haven't encountered problems with incoming water pressure but we have seen some quite low pressures. We are considering fitting softeners and I know some don't regenerate properly (brine breakthrough) if incoming pressure is below 1- 1.5 bar.
Most booster pumps seem to have a pressure vessel attached or built in, but all we need is a little boost for ~3 litres/min plus whatever a softener needs in regen.
Chris

Re: Boosting pressure at home

Garry
We have been fortunate not to require any so far.  Came close recently and our plumber was recommending something like this. http://www.pumpsalesdirect.co.uk/salamander-home-boost-1-5-bar-mains-water-pressure-booster-pump.html?gclid=CJqDnMrE4MoCFWEz0wodhxUL2A

I think the pump type depends on if issue is an actual loss off pressure ie water supply up several floors, or loss of flow ie occlusion in pipework.  Hopefully somebody with actual experience will come along

Re: Boosting pressure at home

Chris Bates
Thanks Garry,
I just found the same pump on online. Our plumbers recommended the Stuart Turner Flomate which has the same spec but is cheaper.

Re: Boosting pressure at home

Matt Waite
I don't know anything about this product, other than what the website says, but it's one I bookmarked a couple of months ago (along with the Home Boost already mentioned) should the need arise for a boosted supply.

http://boostamain.co.uk/

Re: Boosting pressure at home

Chris Bates
If anyone is interested we have used the DAB E.SYBOX Mini to boost whole house pressure for one patient. Seems vey good if there is space, if slightly noisy.
We have also used the DAB E.SYBOX to boost the supply to 2x Purite Satellites supplying 5/6 stations.
Chris