Dialysis Tray

Thinking of making my own dialysis tray up for use in a home where the patient doesn't want a complete lino floor.

I've decided to make the base out of ply.  What thickness would you go for?  My first thoughts are 12mm as is only going between machine and existing floor so it isn't as though it is supporting the machine itself - it's just somewhere to catch the water.

Pictures will follow as it develops!

Re: Dialysis Tray

Chris Pearson
Hi Ian,
Do you  know there is  a commercially available moulded plastic one in general use used widely by a few units in the W.Mids with water leak detector cutoff system and filter housing fittings which fits perfectly under a FMC machine ?
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Dialysis Tray

Hi Chris,

Do you have details?  I have a couple of ideas of how I'd like it to look and function so would be interested to see what the differences might be.

Thanks

Re: Dialysis Tray

Chris Pearson
Hi Ian,
I have only seen it when we're installing chairs,nearest to you using them is Stoke I think, John Moore or Peter can give you all the details.
They are really good and have gone through various re-designs along the way.
Somebody should bring one to ART 2016 I'm,happy to host it on our stand perhaps with other technician focused custom products done elsewhere like we used to have,saves everyone re-inventing the wheel e.g. opaque water filter housings which stopped all the algae growth when they were clear perspex.
Cheers,
Chris
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Dialysis Tray

That's a good idea Chris.

Re: Dialysis Tray

Roger Moore
Hi Ian

We've used a tray system at Wolverhampton as shown here.
Kind regards

Roger

Re: Dialysis Tray

fraser gilmour
Hi Roger,
I think that's the first tray I've seen that I like the look of.
Is it commercially available, can you get it in different sizes and have you used it on carpet?
thanks
Fraser

Re: Dialysis Tray

That's exactly what I thought as well Fraser.

Re: Dialysis Tray

Chris Pearson
Hi Fraser and Ian,
I talked to John Moore yesterday he said he would pop on to give you some info,I seem to think with the water leak detector/cut off valve and water filter housing brackets they were about £300 and custom made to any size you like.
We were going to sell them but couldn't negotiate a Distributor price.
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Dialysis Tray

fraser gilmour
Thanks Chris

Re: Dialysis Tray

Roger Moore
Hi Fraser

It is available from a plastics company in Birmingham, can be made to measure and we have used without any problems on carpet.

I will find the company details and post on the forum.

Best wishes

Roger
Kind regards

Roger

Re: Dialysis Tray

John Moore
This is our supplier, as Roger says we've been using them for years - very good quality.

Contact name - Karl Franklin
Office: 01217720033       Fax: 01217726856
D3 Manufacturing Ltd
D3 Buildings
Stratford Street North
Birmingham B11 1BN

Re: Dialysis Tray

Roger Moore
We use same supplier as John Moore and item descripton used on orders is:
860mmX1100mm X6mm natural polypropylene drip tray with loose & weighted filter housing, last price was £194.50 ex-vat.

We have also installed an AquaStop as part of the tray installation.

Best wishes

RogerAquastop_2007.pdf
Kind regards

Roger