Electrical safety course

i know I could google it but would prefer to stimulate some conversation here instead!

Does anyone know if the electrical safety courses still run over at Liverpool? I attended around 15 years ago but I don't know anyone who has attended since.

Thanks

Ian.

Re: Electrical safety course

Garry
We attended an 'Electrical Safety Testing of Medical Equipment' at Eastwood Park training centre.  Also getting on for over 10 years ago.  From what I remember the course was very good with both theory and practical sessions.

We have been having discussions as to what frequency staff should be attending refresher courses especially when new standards are released.

What are the thoughts on this?

Current Eastwood park cost is £280 for a day course.

How about pursuing a discounted rate if ART could fill a course?

Re: Electrical safety course

fraser gilmour
We did the Eastwood park course last year, it was a good refresher and update on 62353. The guy who runs it was open to providing it in other locations, if you can get the numbers I'm sure you would get some favourable pricing.
I found good however to think about electrical safety not just with HD equipment but compared to the equipment the other delegates worked on.
I don't think refresher training courses like these need to be that regular on something we do almost daily, 5 years? or as equipment/standards change?.

Re: Electrical safety course

Thanks for the replies Garry and Fraser.
I think an ART only session could be quite good if we could fill it.
I reckon every 5 years would be ok.

Re: Electrical safety course

Roger Moore
Liverpool, Eastwood Park and Avensys all provide courses on electrical safety.
Kind regards

Roger

Re: Electrical safety course

Roger, do you happen to have any names/links for us to contact at any of those?

Re: Electrical safety course

Terry Simpson
Two of my guys went on the Liverpool course in Nov 14.
Lynsey Mcnally was the contact we used -  L.Mcnally@liverpool.ac.uk
Also Anthony Johnson at Ultramedic offers a very good course. We had several guys who needed training at the time (about 6/7 years ago) and he came up to us and provided a free Training course, could be worth giving him a call.

Re: Electrical safety course

Roger Moore
Avensys would be Nigel Gowland nigel@avensysmedical.co.uk.

Sorry no named contact at Eastwood Park other than through their website http://eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/Home.aspx
Kind regards

Roger

Re: Electrical safety course

Garry
I'm assuming the £280 I posted above is without vat.  It seems like they will run courses at your own site for upto 10 delegates.  This brings the price down to about £209+vat each if you can fill ten places.