Home Patients Changing Filters

Hi All,

I was surprised this year how many techs change the water filters in the patient's homes.

Have those that do considered pushing it on to the patient?

When you get home numbers 50+ I don't know how it can be sustainable to have a technician going out doing it.

I suppose it depends on how often you do it and that in turn depends on what system of filtration you are installing in people's homes.  We for example only fit a 10" filter (particulate and a carbon one) so we know that it requires changing monthly.

We could fit larger filters or perhaps change the filter media (we use the cheap carbon impregnated stuff)  but with larger filters it start to look more unsightly which the patient may not want?

Any thoughts?

Re: Home Patients Changing Filters

John Barnes
We have 50 home patients mostof them change their own filter, we only have a particle filter fitted. Chlorine is taken care of by a small automatic GAC which back washes a couple of times a week

Re: Home Patients Changing Filters

Matt Waite
If nothing else it's an excuse to do a chlorine / hardnesss test, take tvc / endo samples, verify machine / disinfection history, check remaining ultrafilter life, take meter readings and generally have a chat and see how they're getting on.

Often patients don't ring in a 'it keeps doing this' but it's the first thing they mention face to face.