Isolating machines

Hi all,

just trying to get a picture of what people do when they isolate machines for a patient with an unknown virology for instance?

If they hang any more signs on the machines here they will struggle to see the display!

Re: Isolating machines

Garry
Hi Ian,

Staff hang a laminated sign on the drip stand detailing equipment number, patient hospital number and last disinfected date.  Above the screen (on our Brauns) the staff also affix a printed label reinforcing that equipment is for single patient use only.

Re: Isolating machines

Seems like a sensible approach to me Garry.

Re: Isolating machines

Chris Bates
Sensible would be nice.

After an incident a few years ago our policy is ridiculously over the top.

I posted an explanation but deleted it as it was going to be too long.

Suffice to say we have:
Coloured rods
Coloured padlocks - only techs have the key
Coloured labels
A laminated sign
Electronic notification of isolation with names of staff (and patient if required) and reasons.
Electronic de-isolation requests.

Don't get me started on machines with blood spillages

Re: Isolating machines

Sweet lord Chris!  I thought we had it bad!!

RE: Isolating machines

Onkar Singh

Hi Ian

We have the Surdial-X machines and place a Yellow sticker with 5 stars on it to indicate isolation. This doesn’t take up much space on the display and is a good visual.

We also put machine and patent details (minimum info required to correctly ID patient) on  Yellow paper. This is then laminated (IP control) and attached to the top (horizontal surface) of the machine behind the display (this minimises patent information exposure).

Kind regards,

Onkar Singh | Chief Clinical Technologist/Section Head – Renal | Medical Physics & Clinical Engineering

::  Emai       [hidden email]

(:  Tele        01902 69 5468 or 01902 307999 Ext: 6144 or Bleep: 7790

*: Add        The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust, The Deanesly Centre, C35, New Cross Hospital, Wednesfield Road, Wolverhampton WV10 0QP

just trying to get a picture of what people do when they isolate machines for a patient with an unknown virology for instance?

If they hang any more signs on the machines here they will struggle to see the display!

http://art-forum.1008460.n3.nabble.com/Isolating-machines-tp1276.html

To start a new topic under ART Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ART Forum, click here.
NAML

RE: Isolating machines

Roger Moore
Hi all

Some very interesting posts on this subject.

ART have a presentation being delivered by an IP Nurse on Friday morning of this year's Conference and will include the subject of BBV.
Kind regards

Roger