MIcrobiology

Garry
Though we have been fortunate to have had an in-house testing facility for CFU we now need to move to an external company.

I see at least one other unit uses Alcontrol labs (now ALS) for endotoxin.  How about CFU monitoring?

Could anybody recommend other companies providing this service in the Midlands area?

Cheers

Re: MIcrobiology

Roger Moore
Hi Garry

We use the labs at UHB Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham for our tests. If you contact Onkar here at New Cross he will be able to give contact details and prices.
Kind regards

Roger

Re: MIcrobiology

Garry
Cheers, have spoken to Onkar though the transport of the samples to UHB means it's not feasible for us.

Still awaiting a response from ALS so any further options gratefully received!

Re: MIcrobiology

Matt Waite
We use ALS for both TVC & endotoxin. TVCs tests are relatively inexpensive (I forget the exact figure) and are significantly less than the endotoxin test. Results come by email after 7 days. There are drop off point / collection options (depending on where you are) for multiple samples or small quantities go by Royal Mail -though the Special Delivery service required to get the samples to the lab in the required time frame costs rather more than the TVC test!

Re: MIcrobiology

Garry
We are just setting up an account with ALS.  Drop off point not too far so will see how it goes.

Re: MIcrobiology

Make sure you get the Atmis software installed - great for checking your results and they can also set and upper limits you want so you can immediately see if you have any failures without having to trawl through all the figures.
Ian Wilde