Media panels

Hi all,
Just wondering where everyone's liability lies with respect to your media panels.
I'm thinking of things like central delivery leaks/breakages, drain leaks, cracked or damaged panels etc...
Do you look after them or is it the responsibility of the dreaded estates department?
We are currently in negotions as to who will be responsible for what - they've only been in 15 years!!

Re: Media panels

Garry
Us at our NHS sites.  Estates are responsible for the PFI plant, ring and media panels

Re: Media panels

John Moore
We look after everything fluid related on the media panels. However where the drains are concerned we pass responsibility to estates once it disappears into the floor/wall whatever!

Re: Media panels

Chris Bates
Same as John here.
We look after everything except the drain when it gets to a wall or floor

Re: Media panels

Cheers Garry, John and Chris.

We look to be getting our panels now replaced under the PFI life cycle program.

Going forward the drains will be looked after by estates and so will the central delivery network as it runs through a lot of places we don't have access to anyway.  (ceilings etc).

We will be responsible for the machine side of the connection only and also the flexible permeate connection to the machine.  (we have the dead space free to point of use connections from Lauer)

We will be responsible for the permeate side because we know the implications of having to do anything with it with regards to other wards that use the same water plant.  Other than that, estates will be our first call.
Ian Wilde