Pre-Treatment

Anyone ever done pre-treatment in flexi hosing?

We have another two cracks on our traditional ABS system.  Just wondering of pressure shocks from valves opening and closing take their toll on ABS over time?

Flexi hosing would be able to absorb them plus if you have any problems replacement/moving is easier.

Re: Pre-Treatment

Chris Bates
Some of our smaller installations, 4-10 stations, are done with flexible hose and have been fine.
The problem I have found is getting the right mix of flexibility and kink resistance. If you use 19mm hose or bigger it is sometimes quite stiff and heavy and can put undue stress in the fittings if you are not careful.
I have used 1/2" hose and washing machine fittings on the 4-5 station units - I think washing machine fittings are great - so easy to fit and undo.
Chris

Re: Pre-Treatment

Ian Morgan
Ian, do you have a pressure reservoir on the pump set to absorb pressure shocks? Also the newer inverter controllers will alter pump speed to smooth out pressure fluctuations and these can be retrofitted to some pumps.

Re: Pre-Treatment

Thanks for the replies gents,

We do have a pressure reservoir installed but no the new fancy pumps unfortunately.  Ours are always crashing on and off rather than having the smoothness of the inverter pumps.
Ian Wilde