Providing Technical Support to a Third Party

Providing Technical Support to a Third Party

Ian Morgan
Does anyone have experience of selling their technical services to a third party? We have been approached to provide techical support to a third party, so we need to come up with a competative cost and agree KPI's. Has anyone done this before and if so can you offer any advice?

Re: Providing Technical Support to a Third Party

Roger Moore
Hi Ian

We currently provide service to two different third parties for maintenance of their equipment. A robust SLA is a must.

Happy for you to give me a call or email direct to discuss further.

Kind regards

Roger.
Kind regards

Roger

Re: Providing Technical Support to a Third Party

We also do the same Ian, (would be happy to do more if anyone interested!?).

As Roger says, an SLA needs drawing up to cover everything - costs, response times, how invoices will be paid, different levels of cover perhaps,

Find out what your "customer" wants from you and then tell them how you can do it and how much it'll cost them!

Re: Providing Technical Support to a Third Party

Ian Morgan
Thanks guys,
If it progresses I'll be in touch for some more advice.

Re: Providing Technical Support to a Third Party

Gerry Boyle
Hi Ian, one of the major problems is the guarantee of replacement parts for equipment. As you are not the owner of the equipment some manufacturers at best might increase the price of replacement parts and at worst refuse to sell you any.   This is one of the difficulties I had when I was asked to provide technical service to a private clinic. Good luck, Gerry

Re: Providing Technical Support to a Third Party

Ian Morgan
Gerry,
It would be our Trust that would have the contract with then third party and we would be sourcing parts for the same machines we have in the Trust, so availalblity should not be an issue. But thanks for the comment.
Ian