Training Courses

Hi all,

Anyone have any suggestions of useful training courses for renal techs outside of manufacturer's usual training courses for the machines?

Had a quick look on the Eastwood Park website and could be some food for thought there.

Cheers

Re: Training Courses

Paul J McCarthy
Hi Ian.
I went on a EST training course at Eastwood Park a few years ago, and found it very good. Stayed at a hotel nearby.
Regards.
Paul.

Re: Training Courses

Cheers Paul, I did look at that one but until you just gave feedback I didn't know of anyone that had done it.

Thanks for replying.

Re: Training Courses

patrick.gabo
Hello!

I know this post is more than a year old now, but I am still curious.

Our team in Oxford is trying to get a date for the Bio-Medical Equipment Electrical Safety Level 3 training provided by Avensys.

Not sure if anyone has heard of that one.

Also, has anyone had management training related to Renal Technology? or has anyone come across something similar (even in clinical technology)

Re: Training Courses

Gareth Murcutt
Over last winter and through this year I'm doing a course in Sustainable Healthcare run by https://sustainablehealthcare.org.uk/ .

The UKKA funded around 9 of us to do the course this year. I did an Intro to Sus Healthcare, a SusQI module and a Carbon Footprinting module as well.

I'd thoroughly recommend applying if the scheme is run again this year. I don't think dialysis can get more sustainable without significant input from techs.

Re: Training Courses

Chris Pearson
Hi Gareth,
Somebody will come up with an amazing new idea to reduce plastic waste by re-using the dialyser and bloodlines,bet you :-)
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: Training Courses

Gareth Murcutt
Can the planet continue to afford the single use CE marked med device? I estimate a 30 bed unit could save in order of 15,000 kgCO2e per year if dialysers used 3 times. Any steam sterilising systems available Chris? Don't think we want to go back to the Polonium disinfection these days:)