Water Chemistry Testing

KevinJGibbs
What company do people use for their Water Chemistry testing? We currently use ALS labs but their prices for collection and testing are starting increase significantly from last year! Keen to kind a new company to use for this and looking for suggestions??
Regards
Kevin

Re: Water Chemistry Testing

Garry
I'm guessing this will be the £95 minimum charge per sample run you're referring to? I gather courier costs are also going up though we deliver direct.   We are in the same boat as it results in almost a 10 fold price increase for any individual sample we submit. Some serious sample schedule planning will be required to minimise the impact on our budget so I'd also be interested in alternatives.

Other suggestions are around and about in other threads.  Sent an email of to Alpha scientific a few weeks ago but still awaiting a response to compare prices.

Water Chemistry Testing

John Moore
We use Serve Medical, based in Telford for our chemical assays and TVC testing. After some initial issues they've been very good. They collect from us direct as they have other contract work on site so we don't pay any courier charges which keeps the cost down. Not sure what geographical areas they cover but might be worth an ask?

Re: Water Chemistry Testing

I feel your pain Garry and Kevin!

Re: Water Chemistry Testing

fraser gilmour
I switched from ALS to Latis Scientific for the reasons listed above, all working out well so far. They were happy to set up the postal system we used to have with Alcontrol, which is much better logistically. We are using pre-paid royal mail business post which although isn't guaranteed is arriving at their lab around 10 o'clock the next day, for a £3.40 delivery charge. Just requires us to take samples from mid day onwards and chill them down with a cold pack to be within the 24hr window.

Contact-
james.bayly@latisscientific.co.uk

Re: Water Chemistry Testing

KevinJGibbs
Thanks Garry, Ian and Fraser.

Re: Water Chemistry Testing

Anyone know of anything based in the North?  Unfortunately all the drop off points for Latis appear to be down south.

ALS currently driving me crackers!  Anyone else submit their TVC/ENDO samples in a syringe?

Re: Water Chemistry Testing

fraser gilmour
we've had pretty stable results using the postal system, much easier when out the community to drop at a local post office. The only problem we've found is dropping on a Friday as they don't always get there next day.