What machines do you have?

Hi all,

Just wondered what machines make up the majority of what we look after.

Here in Manchester we have only two different manufacturers; Fresenius supplying the 5008/S and Baxter with the AK98.  I'm not counting NxStage as it's a managed service that we have no involvement with.

We find the 5008 very reliable with just the expected breakdowns you'd expect from a well hammered machine.  Our Ak98s haven't given us any bother either although they are used a hell of a lot less.

Without being libelous, how do you rate the machines you've got?

Re: What machines do you have?

Chris Bates
Hi Ian,

We have 5008 and 5008S - very reliable.
Some 11 year old machines with >50k hours still not giving a lot of trouble.

NxStage - we don't maintain.

Used to have Nikkiso DBB-05 as well - pretty good but couldn't cope with high pump speeds and sub rates In post-dilution HDF. Also didn't like us only rinsing between patients, but nobody else does that.

Chris

Re: What machines do you have?

John Barnes
We have Dialog machines, AK200s, AK95s and NxStage machines from a year and a bit old to 12 years old. we also have Herco, medica and Baxter water plant

Re: What machines do you have?

Thank you for the replies gents.

Re: What machines do you have?

fraser gilmour
We've recently switched from 5008 to the Nipro Surdial X for in-centre use. We use 5008S or NXstage at home.

5008 has been a decent machine aside from pressure transducers and leaking regulators. We'll see how the Surdial X does in terms of reliability but the consumable running cost was lower. 5008S gives us very little trouble at home and although we've had a lot of breakdowns with the NXstage the supplier swaps equipment out quite quickly.

Re: What machines do you have?

mike.jones
We have Fresenius 5008/s 4008/s, Nipro Surdial X, and some Braun dialogs.

We have Nxstage and install them and commission but don't repair.

Don't get great results from the Brauns.
Surdial X is pretty rock solid if you change the P1 every 2 years.

We are still running 4008's with 60k on the clock.

I would say for us its a tie between the 5008 and the Surdial X.

The Nipro went through a few spells of issues very early on but they have mostly been resolved.

Mike

Re: What machines do you have?

Garry
Braun Dialogs varying between a few years old and coming up to 10 years.  No issues of note from our experience.

Re: What machines do you have?

Simon Brooke
We have 4008S, 5008S & Braun Dialog's, I'd agree with all the comments about reliability.

Are Nikkiso still supplying machines to the UK? I found details of their latest machine on-line but couldn't find any UK supplier info.

Re: What machines do you have?

Chris Pearson
Hi Simon,
Nikisso are doing it direct themselves now and are doing really well,I can put you in touch with Bob if you e-mail me on c.pearson@healthtec.co.uk,don't want to post his details up without permission.
Cheers,
Chris
www.healthtec.co.uk

Re: What machines do you have?

Roger Moore
Surdial X for unit use and NxStage for home.
Kind regards

Roger